From Major Fearon’s diary:
The threat of a landing by the Japanese made it imperative to put into operation some form of defence based at Telok Anson. The orders received by the Company were:
- Retain transport and remain mobile.
- Prepare and put into operation defence of Telok Anson.
- Salvage all servicable vehicles and stores, and destroy remainder.
- Patrol to LUMUT and SITIAWAN,
- Patrol as far up Perak River as possible. For this purpose 6 ORs from the FMSVF were loaned to the Company.
- Requisition any vehicles, etc, necessary for the above task.